- Create various web and print assets (i.e. web graphics, ads, social media graphics, ebook, product inserts, product packaging, catalogs, interactive PDFs).
- Come up with your own design ideas and work well within a team.
- Execute consistent designs aligned with existing style guides.
- Work closely with marketing team members, video editor, and other designers in the creation and development of campaigns.
- Execute multiple projects at a time and work efficiently under fast-paced deadlines.
- At least 3+ years graphic design experience.
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite skills (includes Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Comfortable designing in a wide range of formats, i.e. social media, print, web.
- Strong understanding of color theory and typography.
- Problem solver with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and work well with others.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Ability to multitask under pressure.
- Position is remote. Applicants must be self-motivated with reliable internet, a dedicated workspace, and a genuine desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Hours are flexible, but employees must be available for a few hours during 9 AM – 6 PM EDT, U.S. weekdays.
Salary: $4-$6/hr, negotiable, depending on skills/experiences with the opportunity to grow rapidly.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 3 paid sick days per year (24 hours)
- Year-end bonus (depending on employee’s deliverables and company performance)
- Sponsorship for skills development training
- Flexible working hours / remote work
- Crafting products (worth $250) quarterly
- Bonuses / awards / gifts
About Altenew: Watch the video HERE
Established in April 2014, Altenew has quickly become a leader in the inspiration industry and continues to innovate and influence the world of papercraft. At Altenew, we have a mission to bring joy to others the best way we can every day, and everyone on the Altenew team plays a role in making that happen. You don’t have to be a crafter to join this group of incredibly talented and passionate individuals from all over the world. We would love for you to join our team, and we look forward to getting to know you better. Be safe and take care.
If interested, you will have to complete assignments below to demonstrate your graphic design skills and understanding of our brand. Rest assured that your outputs will be used for evaluation purposes only.
Assignment 1: Promo Banners
Create promo banners (Website Slider, Instagram feed, Instagram story) and add a link to your test assignment below.
- Promotion Details: 50% off Vintage Flowers Stamp & Die Bundle
- Promotion Date: 24 hours only. 7/25/2021(from 12:01 AM EDT until 11:59 PM EDT)
- Promotion Disclaimer: Not valid on previous purchases. While supplies last. (Please do not include a disclaimer on web slider and Instagram feed banners.)
- Product page: https://altenew.com/products/vintage-flowers-stamp-die-bundle
- Resources: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kli5jtin0hmxcvg/AABAdm7e7WWPIJRYPS7tCbK1a?dl=0
- Banner size: Website Slider: 2000×710 px Instagram Feed: 1080×1080 px, Instagram Story: 1080×1920 px
Assignment 2: Ebook Review
We create an ebook, Create & Inspire (https://altenew.com/pages/create-inspire), every month based on card/scrapbook projects posted in our blogs from the previous year. We share this via email marketing and on the website as well. Majority of our customers are women (45 years old and above). What do you think of our current ebook design? What are the points for improvement? What do you like/dislike about the design? Write a 3-10 sentence statement on the ebook design.